North Carolina

Sitting out on the porch drinking coffee first thing in the morning is a regular occurrence for my friends. However for me it's an experience that never ceases to surprise me. The heat for one thing is usually in the eighties or nineties, the sun is shining, the sky is Carolina blue and the sound of the water fountain is relaxing.

The views are endlessly green, with the soy bean fields in the distance. The banana tree has sprouted a new leaf since I first arrived but no fruit as of yet. The beautiful Crepe Myrtles are a dusky pink and in full flower it’s like looking out into paradise.

I’m not saying that where I live on the beautiful Island of Anglesey isn't gorgeous because the views are outstanding and it has many pretty plants, sandy beaches and more besides. For anyone who hasn’t been to my island you’re missing a massive treat but be prepared to get wet because we have a lot of rain!
When I’m visiting North Carolina I get both the views and the weather.

I can't believe that this is my final week here; the time has flown as it always does when I visit. In four days I will be getting ready for my flight home which will be a whole new ball game as I try to stem the growing nerves that I know will be billowing in my tummy, don't get me wrong I don't dislike flying I just always seem to either get lost, forget my boarding pass or nearly miss my flight.


It’s a daunting task these days flying internationally especially when you're travelling alone. The security screening is vigilant and quite rightly so but why oh why every-time I go through security do bells ring at all angles? I'll tell you why because I'm one of those silly passengers that keep forgetting that there phone is in their back pocket.








No comments:

Post a Comment