Life!


I find as I get older life seems to go quicker, the beginning of the week very quickly becomes the weekend and the weekend takes me back to the beginning and so on and so forth. Until I sit in the dentist’s chair or visit the doctor then time seems to slow down to a snail’s pace. When I was younger I used to spend so much time worrying about the future but now I realize it’s the here and now that matters.
I think the reason that when we are younger time seems to drag is that everything we do is new until we build a diary of activities. As we get older those activities become less new so making the time go faster.
  Everything is done on a schedule, there doesn't seem to be time to stop and smell the roses. When was the last time you just put the brakes on and just looked around you at this beautiful place we live? Have you ever just stood outside and breathed in? Ever just looked up into the sky at the different hues of blues and greys and at how vast it is?
I read this quote somewhere, ‘Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast; you also miss the sense of where you are going and why’ and I think if ever everything I felt was put into one sentence its this.

No comments:

Post a Comment